Events of EFUCA
UNIVERSITY OF WINTER
UNESCO Clubs 2016 in Belarus
On January 30-31, 2016 Gomel (Belarus) held the republican youth forum - Winter University of UNESCO Clubs. More than 30 UNESCO Clubs delegations and clubs-candidates, working along Belarus as well as guests from Bryansk (Russian Federation) attended the forum.
All in all, it gathered up 200 people.
This is a usual winter meeting held by the organization. The main events of the University of Winter were held in Gomel State Regional Palace of Children and Youth with support from the Educational Department of Gomel Regional Executive Committee, the UNESCO National Commission of the Republic of Belarus, European Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centres and Associations as well as the Institute “New Eurasia”.
The purpose of such forums is the following: to conduct events on education of UNESCO Clubs members and the main activities of UNESCO Clubs; promotion of UN and UNESCO’s activities, ecology, peace education, conflict resolution studies, rights of children, study of world and national cultural-historical and natural heritage, healthy lifestyle, journalism of youth, leadership, and others.
The forum united the following educational units:
- «Cross-cultural communication» (UNESCO club «Friendship», Gomel)
- «Journalism of Youth» (UNESCO club "We are", Mozyr)
- «Creativity training» (UNESCO Club « Youth parliament», Borisov)
- «Team Building» (UNESCO Club "Major League", Minsk)
- «Global Bioethics» (UNESCO club "Gulf Stream", Minsk)
- «Secrets of non-verbal communication» (Bryansk)
- «Local history, organization of research expeditions» (UNESCO "Poshuk" club d.Povstyn, Slutsk region)
- "The United Nations and UNESCO for Peace and Development" (UNESCO, "Omega" club, Mosty)
- «Social Entrepreneurship» (UNESCO Club "Major League", Minsk)
- «Larp» - live role-playing game» (UNESCO club "Iris", Minsk)
-Academy for Leaders (UNESCO's "The inner world" clubs, "We are")
- Academy for Supervisors (UNESCO's "The inner world" clubs, "Pride")
-The school of coach skills (UNESCO "Goroden" club, Movsisyan A. Mikhalkovich A.)
- The seminar for information managers (UNESCO clubs "Gulf Stream", "CID")
- Young Diplomat School (Kasperko EA, Member of the Board of the NGO "BelAU" MGIRO; Sadowski AA, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belarus)
The thing that all workshops were conducted by young people is of great importance.
During the second day of the forum the educational events were focusing on the results of the projects “Strengthening the institutional capacity and the spread of the program activities of the NGO" BelAU” in the regions”, as well as diplomacy of youth. The forum experts Helena Kasperko and Andrey Sadovsky introduced to young people the project “Young Diplomat School”, the priorities of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, opportunities of internship and volunteering in different international organizations.
Winter University of UNESCO Clubs has also summarized the final events of the last year. Delegations of UNESCO clubs took their reports on the work done during the year. During the workshops the representatives of the clubs had an opportunity to share their experience in project fulfillment, which they consider successful and valuable for their further distribution.
During the program the results of IV open contest “UNESCO: Education. Science. Culture” were summarized. The best works will be posted in the Library section on the Belarusian Association of UNESCO Clubs website.
Since Winter Universities are the usual events and are held annually in different cities of the country, Vitebsk will be the next city to carry out the next forum.
Media Centre of NGO Belarusian Association of UNESCO Clubs